Tuesday, July 05, 2005

PS3 Prices May Be High

Today I found an article about PS3 costing $399 because it may cost up to $490 to manufacture, so Sony will sell it at $399 and take a loss. The article is: "Sony to take $100 loss on $399-priced PS3, says new report" by Rob Fahey. I don't know about others but I'm not going to spend $399 just for PS3. I am an active PlayStation 2 video game player but $399? Come on, that's too high for me. I have a lot of other bills to pay and my future with my fiancee to look forward to, rather than paying that much for a game system. Don't get me wrong, I want to get PS3, but not at $399. Maybe the price will drop around Christmas time (of whichever year PS3 comes out) or a year after it initially comes out. GameSpy has a forum about the PS3 price tag, check it out.

No comments: