Friday, November 11, 2005

Second Life, your own virtual 3-D world

While reading the InternetWeek.com newsletter I got in my inbox I saw there was article about an online virtual world (Online Virtual World Is Part Fantasy, Part Civics Experiment by Christopher T. Heun). So I went to the article and read about it and I found it actually quite interesting. An online virtual 3-D world called Second Life is available for anyone (membership is free), but you need to have a broadband internet connection. If you want to "buy land" it costs a minimum of $9.99 per month. Once you buy virtual land, you can build whatever you like. It seems to be a pretty cool idea, hopefully the users only use it for good and not for anything bad. I know that I'm not going to pay $9.99 a month to buy "virtual" land when I could use that money for actual "real life" land.

No comments: