Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Terrell Owens, not to play again for Eagles

ESPN.com is reporting that Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens was suspended for Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins and for the three next games without pay. Then the Eagles are planning to deactivate him for the rest of the season. (Remember a few years back, the same happened to Keyshawn Johnson when he criticized coach Jon Gruden.) Coach Andy Reid said that Owens "had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions." Owens was suspended on Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed a "lack of class" because they didn't celebrate him on his 100th career touchdown catch. OK T.O. maybe they should have thrown you a parade, you selfish classless player. Maybe that will be the last touchdown catch you get, but probably not with other NFL teams and coaches thinking "I can change this guy." Let me tell you, NO you can't. This guy will never change and will never get it. It's all about him, him, him, I, I, I. Football is a team sport. There's no room for players like Terrell Owens in the league. He may get all the stats in the world but he will never win a championship.

One funny note, in the ESPN.com article, it says that reporters were waiting outside Owen's home for a word and a pizza guy delievered pizza to Owen's home. The deliveryman, James McDevitt got a $5 tip but told reporters he left the tip on the door step.

I mean what a joke this guy is. I can't believe that the Eagles actually kept him on their team for this long. I'm so glad the New England Patriots (my favorite NFL team and the team I follow) did not pick up T.O. or players that act the way he does. Bill Belichik and his coaching staff wouldn't take any of that crap, he would be off the team once the first thing came up.

Here's an interview that ESPN had with Terrell Owens last Thursday.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=to/unplugged

No comments: