Thursday, April 27, 2006

Everyone needs to wake up, think before you act

In a blog entry on Trula-Mama's blog she talks about posting the article "Duke case reopens wounds for black women" on hipmama.com. Make sure to read both Trula-Mama's blog entry and the article on MSNBC.

I am a white male so I cannot to relate to any of the incidents that the black women in the article have faced. My fiancee is African-American and if anyone ever treats her with disrespect and/or inappropriately watch out because not only will she let you know what you did was wrong but I personally will. I would not want my daughter (I don't have a daughter right now but I'm thinking if I did) to be treated that way, would anyone? If you're a male and you're actually thinking about treating a female inappropriately, think would you want your daughter or sister or mom to be treated this way? If you have any sense or decency at all your answer would be no. So step off then!

As a white male, I am disgusted about what the lacrosse players did. We don't know yet if they raped the woman, but we know some of them called the two women words that should not be spoken by anyone (in my opinion). That is disgraceful in itself. It saddens me to know that there are still people in this world that use those words. This really pisses me off, rich white boys who think they can do whatever they want. It's obvious their parents didn't do a good job. I was raised to respect everyone no matter their sex, race/ethnicity/color. I cannot even think about doing the things I have read that some males have done to females.

The world will be in my prayers, as it definitely needs help. Everyone needs to treat each other the way you want to be treated. Only then can the world be a better place.

No comments: