Tuesday, October 10, 2006

NHL hockey today is not hockey as it once was

I've been watching the NHL Center Ice free preview that I'm able to see on cable television now for a week. The games that I've watched there have been so many penalties called, too many in my opinion, that it's taking away the hitting and grit from the game. Watching the Philadelphia Flyers vs New York Rangers game tonight, it was awful because there were too many penalties called. I remember just a few years ago when these two teams had their rivalry going, but today there seemed to be no rivalry at all. Where did real hockey go? I guess it went out when the "new" NHL came in. Well to the commissioner of the NHL, Gary Bettman, I don't like this kind of hockey where you can't go five minutes without a penality being called. You're taking away from the flow of the game, and I'm not the only one who feels this way, there are many out there. Why won't Bettman listen to the fans? I don't know, but that's not a smart way to market/support your sport.

No comments: