Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy Martin Luther King day

I wanted to say happy Martin Luther King day to everyone. I hope people know what today is about, it's not just another holiday you get off from work. This is a day to honor a great man for all of the work he did for civil rights and for minorities. You can read Martin Luther King Jr.'s biography on NobelPrize.org.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Below are a few Martin Luther King Jr. quotes from QuotationsPage.com:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

"Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'"

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

No comments: