Friday, January 05, 2007

TooSpoiled.com, possible job scam

Recently I received an email from TooSpoiled.com telling me about a job they have and they think that I could be a possible candidate for that position. I copied and pasted the email I received from them below. Well I did submit an application to them and now I realized I should have done some research on them before I did that. I looked around online and found a few sites that said that TooSpoiled.com is a scam. Some of the sites I found are:

Here is the email I received from them:
Dear Adam ,

I recently saw your resume online and feel you would be ideal for an immediate opening as a Site Moderator with our company. We are TooSpoiled.com, one of the most exciting website launches in the last few years.

Adam , if you are looking for a real opportunity and a real long-term career with an exciting cutting edge company, you may be the person we are looking for.

TooSpoiled.com is a combination of a modeling and acting database and MySpace.com with much more. We offer Models and Actors the opportunity to gain international exposure, interface with the world's largest entertainment industry network, and make money through advertising.

And, best of all, TooSpoiled allows Talent to earn money instantly. TooSpoiled allows each member to earn money by displaying ads on their portfolio page.

Unlike many other sites in the entertainment industry, TooSpoiled is 100% free for Models and Actors to join.

We are seeking a Site Moderator to monitor the content of the site and flag and/or remove any inappropriate postings. As a Site Moderator, you would also look to stop any members targeting minors on the site. The position is one that can be done from your home if you have a computer and an online connection. Your background makes you an ideal fit for the position. We offer our Site Moderators the following:

  • Highly competitive salary.
  • Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits.
  • Flexibility - you can work your own hours, just as long as you put in at least 40 hours each week.
  • Opportunity for rapid advancement.
  • Tuition Reimbursements.
The person we are looking for is reliable, consistent, hard working, has solid writing skills, and pays attention to details.

Adam , if you feel the Site Moderator position is right for you visit the link below and fill out the online application. (If the link does not work in your e-mail, you may copy and paste the address in your browser.)

http://www.TooSpoiled.com/Careers/opportunities.cfm?jp=4149930

Once I receive your online application, I will contact you within one to two business days.

Regards,
Bethany Reagan

Click here to be removed from any future employment offers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there,

Ive just received the same letter as you did, and i gave to them some personal information, no banks accounts though, but my address and phone number.
I dont know why, i started looking for some comments about toospoiled.com and I really want to get out of it before they gave me a timetable or some work to do, but Im not sure how. do you have any suggestions to me?

thanks ill appreciate everything you can tell me
alwaysdior@hotmail.com

Adam said...

I also gave my address and phone, but I have not heard back from them and if I do I am just going to ignore them. I'm not going to contact them in any way. Any emails I receive from them will be going in the trash folder as I want nothing to do with a site that is said to be a scam. Be careful, I wish I was before I submitted my information to them.

Confidential said...

i also received similar email, i certainly have doubts regarding it because resume i posted on my career site has nothing to do with what they call i am a "perfect fit" its just a generic format they sending people. Something fishy is up, i was in middle of applying for it but then random thought came to my mind which said GOOGLE the company n this blog came to rescue me from these potential scammers.
thank u.