Monday, May 18, 2009

My round 3 NHL playoff predictions

I was 2 for 4 in my round 2 NHL playoff predictions and now it's time for my round 3 NHL playoff predictions. I personally don't like any of the teams left in the playoffs, but the one team I am rooting for to win it all is the Chicago Blackhawks. Here are the matchups:

Eastern Conference

(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs (6) Carolina Hurricanes


Western Conference

(2) Detroit Red Wings vs (4) Chicago Blackhawks


My Picks

Pittsburgh Penguins vs Carolina Hurricanes - My pick for winner of this series is the Pittsburgh Penguins. This was a hard choice as Hurricanes' goalie Cam Ward is playing out of his mind right now and hasn't lossed in the playoffs yet in his career. So I think anything can happen in this series. Will Carolina be able to stop the Pittsburgh big guns? We will find out.

Detroit Red Wings vs Chicago Blackhawks - My pick for winner of this series is the Detroit Red Wings. This was a hard choice too as I want the Blackhawks to win this series, but looking at Detroit and how they're playing you just think that they can't be beat in the playoffs.


Let me know your picks for round 3 of the NHL playoffs.

No comments: