Friday, June 19, 2009

Movie blogging: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I recently saw the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie, which I previously blogged about before with this video trailer, and have to say that I liked it but I think I was expecting more but it was still good. I grew up watching the X-Men cartoon that was on Saturday mornings and Wolverine became my favorite X-Men as he is to many other X-Men fans as well. During the movie, I enjoyed the action scenes and the story was pretty good. The only part that I thought was weird is that they made Wolverine and Sabretooth half-brothers in the movie, but I don't think they were in the comic book (let me know if I'm wrong as I haven't read that many X-Men or Wolverine comic books). Also after watching the movie, I searched online about this, and I didn't know that Wolverine was born with retractable bone claws which the movie shows a very young Wolverine who uses his claws for the first time. I thought he got the claws in the Weapon X program but I was wrong. After the Weapon X program his claws become more dangerous as his whole skeleton was bonded to the indestructible element adamantium. You can read the bio of Wolverine on this Marvel Wolverine page. I wonder if they'll be making a second Wolverine movie as at the very end they show Wolverine in a Japanese restaurant or bar having a drink. I recommend seeing this movie, especially if you like the X-Men and even if you like a good action movie check this one out.

If you've seen the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie let me know what you thought about it.

No comments: