Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My NHL playoff predictions for round 1

It's that time again, the NHL playoffs begin Wednesday night, and again I'll make predictions of each series and give my pick, of course I haven't done good in the past on these so don't bet anything on my picks. Here are the first round series and my picks:

Eastern Conference
(1)Washington Capitals vs (8) Montreal Canadiens
(2)New Jersey Devils vs (7)Philadelphia Flyers
(3)Buffalo Sabres vs (6)Boston Bruins
(4)Pittsburgh Penguins vs (5)Ottawa Senators

Western Conference
(1)San Jose Sharks vs (8)Colorado Avalanche
(2)Chicago Blackhawks vs (7)Nashville Predators
(3)Vancouver Canucks vs (6)Los Angeles Kings
(4)Phoenix Coyotes vs (5)Detroit Red Wings

My Picks
(1)Washington Capitals vs (8) Montreal Canadiens - I'm going with the high scoring Capitals in this series. Halak will keep Montreal in the series but Montreal doesn't have the grit and scoring that they need to win this series.

(2)New Jersey Devils vs (7)Philadelphia Flyers - I'm picking the Devils in this series as the Flyers don't have the goaltending to beat the Devils.

(3)Buffalo Sabres vs (6)Boston Bruins - This is a hard choice as I'm a Bruins fan but my gut is saying the Bruins just don't have the scoring to beat the Sabres. But with Rask playing the way he is anything is possible so I'm going to go with Boston with the upset in this series. It will be hard though as Ryan Miller has been playing solid all season. This series will probably go 6 or 7 games.

(4)Pittsburgh Penguins vs (5)Ottawa Senators - I'm going with the Penguins in this series as Ottawa has some injuries and the Penguins are just too good.

(1)San Jose Sharks vs (8)Colorado Avalanche - Will the Sharks finally get out of the first round or will the young Avalanche team cause an upset? I'm going to go with the Avalanche in this series and cause the Sharks to blow up the team in the offseason.

(2)Chicago Blackhawks vs (7)Nashville Predators - I'm going with the Blackhawks in this series as they have all the tools to go to the finals.

(3)Vancouver Canucks vs (6)Los Angeles Kings - The Kings don't have much experience in the playoffs (besides Ryan Smyth of course) so I'm going with the Canucks in this series.

(4)Phoenix Coyotes vs (5)Detroit Red Wings - This is a tough one as both teams are playing well. I'm going to go with the Coyotes in this series. They'll surprise everyone as they did during the season.

No comments: