Monday, November 01, 2010

AMC The Walking Dead episode looked good

Sunday night I watched the premiere of new The Walking Dead series on AMC and I enjoyed it. Even though I don't really like horror movies, I'm a fan of zombie movies and video games (Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, Dawn of the Dead are the ones I can think of right now), I enjoyed this episode.

Here's a quick summary of the series:

The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the country in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.
Source

I was looking through and reading the comments people were posting on the official episode page where anyone can discuss the episode while it played live and it was open for discussion after the episode too. It seems lots of others enjoyed the show too. From reading the comments I found out that this series is based on a comic book (which is currently on issue 78). This series will only have six episodes in season 1. If the show's producers are going by the comic book, well from the comments, it seems the comic book never went into details about how the zombie situation started.

The Walking Dead even has its own Facebook fan page. If you watched the episode last night let me know what you thought of it. If you didn't see last night's episode make sure to check out next Sunday's episode.

I saw the previews for next week's episode and it looks like part of it takes place in a store or a mall of some sort. I wonder if they got any ideas from the movie Dawn of the Dead or the video game Dead Rising. It should be another interesting episode.

No comments: