Sunday, April 29, 2012

NHL playoffs round 2 predictions

I was going to post my first round predictions but I forgot about posting and remembered half-way through so I thought I would skip round 1 and post my predictions for round 2. And here we are as now the round 2 match-ups are decided.

Eastern Conference
New York Rangers (1) vs Washington Capitals (7)
Seeing how the Rangers went to 7 games with the Senators this won't be a "cake walk" for the Rangers. The Capitals should play a tough grinding series like they did vs Boston so it should be a close series. I'm going to pick the Rangers in 6 games.

Philadelphia Flyers (5) vs New Jersey Devils (6)
Flyers have had a long wait compared to the Devils so the Devils may come out stronger in the first 1 or 2 games, but I think the Flyers will win this series in 7 games.

Western Conference
St. Louis Blues (2) vs Los Angeles Kings (8)
Seeing what the Kings did to the Canucks I'm expecting this to possibly be the best series in the playoffs. This is a real tough prediction because both teams are playing well, have hot goalies and play that gritty hard grinding games that the playoffs are made of. My prediction will be the Kings in 7 games. I think goalie Jonathan Quick will be the key to the Kings success in this series.

Phoenix Coyotes (3) vs Nashville Predators (4)
This series will be a goalie battle, Mike Smith vs Pekka Rinne, and whoever plays better and their team's defense plays well that team will win. My prediction will be the Predators in 7 games.

What are your predictions?

No comments: